We organize courses and conferences, researches, documentation, publication, international cooperation to encourage exchanges that will enable us to reach these goals:
- Developing the studies of contemporary social phenomenons in this geographic area, as one of the most resourceful knowledge to understand the non-modern (non-western) society in the context of global world.
- To translate and publish books on Social Representation studies and to conduct the introductory course on Social Representation as a nouvelle perspective to understand the social. In conjunction with this course, we will organize conferences by inviting scholars working on this perspective and Indonesian/Asian scholars to exchange dialogues about particular issues.
- We intend to produce the social mapping of varied phenomenon in order to understand the complexity and diversity of this non-modern society without ignoring the complexity of its historical background and its hyper-multicultural diversity.
- Publishing the research results and encouraging the exchanges with colleagues particularly from Asia, and where appropriate from Europe and South America where this approach is widely used, not necessarily in academic context but also in social, political and economical, and environmental context.
- Introducing an alternative approach of strategic planning for government bodies or agencies which need an appropriate understanding about this plural Indonesian/Asian society.